Today Yasumi has a new release - v1.5.0! I hate to break promises and unfortunately this release was much later than planned ("about every month a new release"). However, I am very happy to have released a new version of Yasumi. v1.5.0 includes 4 new countries and holiday providers for all the German states.
As you might wonder what this 'Yasumi' is, I haven't indeed blogged about it :).
Yasumi (Japanese for 'Holiday'「休み」) is an easy PHP library to help you calculate the dates and names of holidays and other special celebrations from various countries/states. The goal of Yasumi is to be powerful while remaining lightweight, by utilizing PHP native classes wherever possible. Yasumi's calculation is provider-based (i.e. by country/state) so it's easy to add new holiday providers that calculate holidays. The methods of Yasumi can be used to get a holiday's date and name in various languages.
With version 1.5.0, Yasumi now supports 62 holiday providers (23 countries and 39 sub-regions) and has over 1500 unit tests ensuring all holidays are calculated correctly.
Big thanks to all the contributors making Yasumi better and more complete!
New stuff in v1.5.0:
- Added Holiday Provider for Australia (and the sub-region of Victoria)
- Added Holiday Provider for Portugal.
- Added Holiday Provider for Ukraine.
- Added Holiday Providers for all 16 German States.
- Added Holiday Provider for Croatia.
- Possibility to retrieve the next or previous working day within a defined number of days from today.
- You can now also use your own holiday providers in addition to the included holiday providers. A very helpful improvement if Yasumi does not include your provider (yet), but you want to use yours!
- Carnival Day in Brazil was incorrectly set to be 47 days after Easter. Carnival Day begins Friday before Ash Wednesday (51 days to Easter).
- All Saints Day for Finland was incorrectly set for November 1st. The correct date is Saturday between 31 Oct and 6 Nov, similar to Sweden.
Yasumi is completely open source and can be found on GitHub.